Northbrook Cycle CommitteE
The Northbrook Cycle Committee (NCC) is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization comprised of volunteers who act as guardians of the track on behalf of the facility, its ridership, and its community. While the NCC does not actually own the velodrome, it does lay claim to the rich legacy of racing and rider development for which this velodrome has been long renowned, from a local to regional to international level. NCC's role is to maintain this legacy through partnering with the Northbrook Park District to promote the benefits of track cycling, enrich the lives of those who participate in our program, and empower others to make a positive contribution to this sport. The NCC seeks to:
- Organize and promote the racing and training at Ed Rudolph Velodrome
- Organize and promote the Illinois State Track Championships
- Maintain and fund www.northbrookcyclecommittee.org website
- Work with the Northbrook Park District on velodrome-related issues
- Host the annual Rider of the Year (ROTY) awards
- Fundraise for the eventual resurfacing of the track
The committee holds meetings every third Thursday of the month (October through April) at 7:00 p.m. at the Village Green — 1810 Walters Avenue — Northbrook, Illinois 60062.
We are a member of the American Track Racing Association which promotes the advancement of track cycling.
Event cancellations will be posted at twitter.com/edrudolphvelo